cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Search index

· 
Gepostet: 23.12.2016 - 17:37 Uhr  ·  #17
Sorry tiny correction:

You don't have to copy or merge the stopwords. Just add the ones from your language and clear the forum cache before rebuilding the Index again.

The merging is done by the system automatically then for all languages you use.

I just thought I added that new for the CF4 but I just noticed, that I already did this in the CF3 too. :)

So you save a little bit work here. :)

And please remember to change the IDs for the forums to ignore in my code above at both of the queries so the forum is really ignored when you recreate the index. If the optimization worked the indexation process should also go a bit faster. :)

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.12.2016 - 20:32 Uhr  ·  #18
I think it has nothing to do with the index. I've been playing a little on my test server. WHen I Mess up the e-mail configuration it's posting instantly. (But generating an error because it cannot send e-mails)
Is it possible to disable a subscription on forum level for all users?
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.12.2016 - 21:20 Uhr  ·  #19
Hi itzmie,

well normally the Abo-Mailings are grouped in one big Mail (with a lot of BCC going on there), but if your Mailserver is maybe slow in sending it out or waits on all the confirmations that could be the case but then the posting always would took that long, not only since you regenerated the Search Index. (Was it always that slow?)

But you can try to disable mailing for all Abo-Topics for all Users with this Query:

Code
UPDATE `..._abos` SET `abo_send_mail`=0

Replace "..." with your Forum Prefix.

This keeps the Abos of the users, but sets them all to "don't send mails".

If this solves your problem it's definitely the mailer. If so please tell me, so I can test this scenario further in our currently running CF4 tests so I can maybe catch errors or delays in the Abo Mailing on huge boards with the CF4. :) I'm always happy to improve some things here and there. :)

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 24.12.2016 - 08:54 Uhr  ·  #20
Hi Chris,

Thanks, somehow this fixes the problem on my test forum! When I click on submit I immediately go to the post instead of waiting a few seconds.
Hmmm, now I need to figure out why the php mail function is that slow...
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 24.12.2016 - 14:30 Uhr  ·  #21
Hi itzmie,

great you got the problem fixed! To be honest I never would have thought the Abo Mailings could cause that delay-problem! Very great observation from you there!

But before you check your Mail Server first ensure, that you have the newest version of the CF3 - at least the classes "class_posting.php" and "class_email.php".

We once had the Abo Mailing splitted for each user (including the Username at the top of the Abo-Mail) but we changed that to the BCC / Grouped Mail mode in I think CF3 v3.5.0. Additionally we optimized a lot on the mailing system in CF3 v3.6.0.

So if you have the latest version of the board and especially these two classes you can be sure, that there is basically only ONE mail going out for Topic Abos with all recipients as BCC.

So basically your mailer should then only get one single mail to handle not multiple ones per user.

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 28.12.2016 - 08:50 Uhr  ·  #22
Hi Chris,

We are using 3.9.0. Upgraded all the way since 2004. :-)

Do you have any suggestions?
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 28.12.2016 - 15:01 Uhr  ·  #23
Hi itzmie,

great then its the combined mailing! :)

Unfortunately no suggestions on the PHP side here. Would be good to know what exactly causes such a mail delay. Connection to the Mailserver or the size of the BCC Field?! I guess you have to benchmark that on the server side and tweak your SMTP or PHP Mailer settings. For the Forum it's basically just one command that gets triggered for the Abo stuff.

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.