attachments not working

itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

attachments not working

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 12:01 Uhr  ·  #1
Posting and downloading of attachments is not working good. De files are uploaded but after that not visible on the website and when you choose to dowload the image the are corrupt. Can it be something with gzip enable and disable. its now disable?

Avatars are uploading okay and are vissible.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: attachments not working

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 13:03 Uhr  ·  #2
Hello itzmie,

for Attachments you first have to check if your Forum Permissions are configured correctly for each group. For Attachment there are two Settings: Post Attachment (= Upload) and Download Attachment (= Download). This decides if a user can see the Uploader or the Attachment in the forum itself.

If your Attachments in the Forum are visible but the files are not there I think its maybe a permission Problem. Log in with your FTP and look if attachment files are getting uploaded into the uploads/attachments/ folder. If not check, if the permission of this folder is set to CHMOD777 (you can do this with right click in your FTP Program "Set Permission" or "Set CHMOD".

If you have a WIndows Server you have to set "R-W-X" (Read Write Execute) for each Group with Plesk or RemoteDesktop. CHMOD is not possible on Windows Servers.

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

Not working

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 13:22 Uhr  ·  #3
Sorry Chris the directory was 777 and I was uploading and downloading with the account administrator with full access. I get this error see image! It was working but I think when I test the forum with gzip off on and off the problem are there, is that possible?
Der an diesem Beitrag angefügte Anhang ist entweder nur im eingeloggten Zustand sichtbar oder die Berechtigung Deiner Benutzergruppe ist nicht ausreichend.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 13:26 Uhr  ·  #4
Seems your Server has a Problem here. I suggest to consult your hoster depending File Uploads, maybe there's something blocked? GZIP normally just has to do with page output. Attachments are downloaded without gzip compression. But if your Server has Problems to show the page with GZIP On its absolutely no problem to turn it off.

I just have one Idea left: Do you have any rewriter active on your Server or in a .htaccess File wich should rewrite Graphics or that should provide some kind of "Hotlinking Protection"? Maybe that could cause the Problem. Or does your Server Software generally don't allow .htaccess Files? If so try to delete the .htaccess File from the uploads/attachments/ directory and try if that helps.

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 13:40 Uhr  ·  #5
I am the hosting provider :) and without the htacces it is still not working. The files are uploaded to the directory /uploads/attachements and are there but corrupt also when I download them with ftp. We dont have any problems with the avatars and uploading. Gzip is still off because when I enable it I get this error:

The webpage at http://www.volvo-forum.nl/atta…&p=1267686 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

when I try to upload a image.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 13:45 Uhr  ·  #6
Okay, this looks like its definetely something with your PHP / Apache Constellation.

Do you have GDLib installed with all Modules?
Attachment Upload is - beside the GDLib Resizing - the same like the Avatars.
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

GD

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2014 - 14:04 Uhr  ·  #7
Chris gd is enabled see image from the backend of cback forum.

Chris sorry but it works now, the problem was a wrong translation in the lang_attachments_processor.php!!!!!
Der an diesem Beitrag angefügte Anhang ist entweder nur im eingeloggten Zustand sichtbar oder die Berechtigung Deiner Benutzergruppe ist nicht ausreichend.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 24.01.2014 - 12:48 Uhr  ·  #8
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.